Saturday, October 19, 2013

Saturdays...

 
 
I'm so grateful for days like today!  Scotty and I got up early to get ready for the Bisbee 1000.  Downtown Old Bisbee is my favorite spot, with it's artsy shops and quaint houses nestled into the mountains, not to mention the cozy places to eat!  The Bisbee 1000 draws people from all over the country the third Saturday of every October.  Today, over 1700 people completed the hilly course (5k plus 1000 stairs!).  I was pleased to have beat last year's time - yes!  I love sharing this experience with Scotty!

Photo Credit


Photo Credit

After heading home and cleaning up, we met up with our son for lunch.  It's always great to see Taye.  It was nice to see our kids playfully ribbing at each other again.  It has been 3 months since he has moved out of the house - so weird! 
 
 
We stopped to pick up paint for Cel's room on the way home.  And after a much needed nap we finally tackled her bedroom walls.  It's looking great!  We'll do the second coat after church tomorrow and hopefully have her things moved back in so I can get started on my writing space (Taye's empty room)!   Yay for crossing something off of the 'to-do' list! 

3 comments:

  1. I love all these pictures! You uplift me, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! So nice to meet you. Visiting you and following you from Ashley's blog. Once I found out you love coffee and blogs, I just knew we would be great friends! Oh and grace, I cannot live without it. I look forward to reading and getting to know you more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Barbie! Thank you for stopping by. I love Ashley! She is so sweet! I noticed that we are also in the same (in)courage group! Friends, coffee, blogs and grace - what more can a girl ask for? :) I look forward to getting to know you better too!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you have to say!