Sunday, October 27, 2013

National Chocolate Day

 
My sweet friend, Deena has informed me that October 28th is National Chocolate Day!  I love that she knew I would want to know that!  To celebrate I've decided to make my favorite chocolate treat and share the recipe with you.  Not only is it super yummy, it is super easy and healthy!  My kind of recipe!

You need only 3 ingredients:
1 package of chocolate chips (I use dark chocolate)
Chopped pistachios
Dried cranberries
(As many as you want!)

 
Melt the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl, 30 seconds at a time, stirring in between.
 
 
Spread the chocolate thinly onto a foil-lined cookie sheet.
 
 
Sprinkle the pistachios and cranberries on top (I prefer to do this rather than mixing it into the chocolate so you don't lose the color).  Place the cookie sheet in the freezer until the chocolate has hardened.
 
 
DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP:
Lick the bowl and spoon until spotless!  Hurry!  Before the kids figure out what's going on!
 
Break up the chocolate into pieces. Take one - or three or four pieces, several times daily, as needed.
 
 
Happy National Chocolate Day!  Spread the love! 
 
 
- Liv

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you have to say!