Thursday, January 15, 2015

And all the people said amen

There is an infant carrier in the back seat of my car.  We've set up a crib and we found these adorable little Converse socks.

Change is coming.  Come March, life as we know it will never be the same.  See, there's this little boy ...

We haven't met him yet, but we have heard his heart beat.  We watch and wait to see or feel the slightest move and smile giddy when it comes.  His name is Jaxson.  He is wanted.  He is loved.  He is my grandson.

For You formed my inward parts; You wove me in my mother's womb. I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are Your works, And my soul knows it very well. - Psalm 139:13,14
Last March, on my daughter's 16th birthday, I posted this story for her.  It begins with the meaning of her middle name, Jenae:
'God has been gracious'
It follows her from birth through her growing up years being told exactly that - God is gracious.  The story ends with Celine Jenae as a mother rocking her own baby and telling of God's grace.  How could I have known that almost exactly a year later my girl would indeed be rocking her own child?

We may have been caught off guard, but God was not.  He knew that Jaxson would be a part of Celine's story from the beginning.  God has plans for her little boy.
Your eyes have seen my unformed substance; And in Your book were all written The days that were ordained for me, When as yet there was not one of them. - Psalm 139:16
Although we have had challenges over the past several months, there have also been gifts ...

- Love and support from family and friends
- The kindness of people around us
- The sweetness of our relationship as mother and daughter during this season
- Watching my girl experience God's grace
- The resources for young mothers in our area - they have been wonderful!
- I have to say it again - friends.  Thank You, Jesus for the women You have placed in my life!

There are so many things to write about.  All the feelings.  Sometime.  We are still walking through it and the truth is, this is my daughter's story.  When she is ready.

Meanwhile, would you say a prayer for our family when we come to mind?  Please pray especially for Celine as she navigates motherhood while finishing high school.   

By the way, Celine told me that she looked up the meaning of the name Jaxson.
Scottish:  'God has been gracious'
 Amen.

12 comments:

  1. Love this :) gave me chills. You ladies are amazing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tears from the first paragraph to the end! I am so excited to meet him <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your grace and love inspire me. God truly brought you and Celine into our lives and we are blessed because of it. 💙

    ReplyDelete
  5. CHILLS, Olivia! So much love and respect and prayers and joy for you all! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dear friend, Elise! Thank you! I have carried your words with me over the past several months. It has indeed been a privilege being God's hands and feet to my girl. I so appreciate you!

      Delete

I love to hear what you have to say!