Saturday, January 3, 2015

Fresh

So here we are.  2015.  No going back.  How have the first few days been?

 

I love how God gives us new beginnings on a regular basis.  I like how every sunrise means that yesterday is over and a brand new day has arrived with no mistakes in it.  Yet.  Every week is a chance to eat better or start my exercise routine ... again.  Every month brings another milestone; another celebration; another season.  And every new year represents hope and opportunity. White snow with no footprints in it yet.  A blank page.  Fresh soil.


I hope to run more. Read more. Write more.  Learn more.  Laugh more.

 



I want to memorize more scripture.  Clean out closets.  Live more simply.  I hope to make another attempt at growing a little garden. Key word: attempt - as Scotty rolls his eyes.  He tries to convince me every year to buy fake plants.  I don't appreciate his lack of confidence that I'm for real going to water it this time!

 

Our family will have big changes.  Good changes.  We will make wonderful memories.  I plan to enjoy my coffee and watch more sunrises.  I want to spend time out doors and explore places I've never seen in our area.  I want this to be the year that we finally go to Disney Land!

I may or may not accomplish one or more things on my list.  They are all good things, but life may get busy or I may get distracted and spend too many weekends watching Friends (yay for Netflix!), instead of going outside. Even if I don't reach my goal weight or go to Disney Land, even if this year is full of challenges - and no doubt it will have some - one thing I am sure of:

God is in control and every little thing is going to be okay.


When in doubt?  I have to but remember the times He has been faithful in the past.  When I am disappointed in myself, I will need to remind myself that His mercies are new every morning.  And equally as important, I need to live thankful.  

"Morning by morning new mercies I see.  All I have needed thy hand hath provided.  Great is your faithfulness, Lord, unto me." - Thomas Obediah Chisholm

So, dream big for 2015.  Make goals and plans.  Take the first step towards that thing you've always wanted to do.  And if things don't work out exactly as planned - God already wrote a fresh start for tomorrow.  

May 2015 be a sweet adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you have to say!