Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Five Minute Friday


"Forget all the rules.  Forget about being published. Write for yourself and celebrate  writing." - Melinda Haynes
 
This one is for the writers! 

The other day my workout buddy asked how long it takes me to write a post and if I am a perfectionist. 

I have never thought of myself as a perfectionist, but when I thought about how long it takes me to write something, I realized I might be a bit of one when it comes to writing.  I love that it gives me time to process my thoughts and say exactly what I mean.  I can hit the backspace or delete button to rephrase or take back my words (don't you wish we had one of those in real life?!).

 
Sometimes you just gotta let the perfectionism go!  Shake out your hair, open your arms, and run with it!  That's what Five Minute Friday is about!


It is held over at Lisa Jo Baker's place.  Every Friday she posts a one-word prompt.  Just set your timer for 5 minutes and go!  Don't worry about grammer or editing - write freely!  This is great for those who find it difficult to find the time to write!  Five minutes.  No pressure.  No expectations.  Click here to get the prompt. (There is also a button on my homepage.)

If you have a blog you can join hundreds of others for a "writing flash mob"!   Write about the prompt as a post and link up with other bloggers on Lisa Jo's page.  There are instructions there on how to do it.  Contact me if you have trouble! 

There is one rule!  Encourage the writer who linked up before you!  You can still post throughout the week if you don't have time on Friday. 

This week will be my first time participating as a blogger!!   Would you do me a favor?  Would you let me know in the comments if you joined in?




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you have to say!