Thursday, February 6, 2014

The one where I DIDN'T bite my husband's head off ...



 This morning was rough, guys.

I've switched my workouts to early mornings so I can have my evenings free to take Cel to her games and practices.  Let's just admit it.  Every morning is rough.  It's dark.  And cold.  Wah.  But today was especially difficult.  I don't know, maybe it was because I stayed up late trying to get some reading done.

Anyhow, I unraveled myself from the warm, soft, cozy blankets and stepped out into the frigid cold.  I pulled my work-out clothes on, then I proceeded to sit on the floor.  And sit.  And sit.  My eyes may have been closed while I was doing the sitting.  My tennis shoes waited expectantly next to me.  They eventually found their way to my feet and I got moving around a little bit.  Made the bed.  Washed my face.  Pulled my hair into a pony tail.  I found my way to the living room where Scotty was sipping his coffee.

Don't ask me why, but I sat on the floor again.  Since he wasn't doing anything, I felt like Scotty should know how tired I was.  So I told him.  I also told him that I didn't waaannt to worrrk ouuut.  It was a completely grown up conversation, I assure you.  This is the part where my husband got brave.  Reeaally brave.  He stood up and pulled me to my feet.  After a hug (smart guy) he pushed me toward the dungeon where the evil treadmill lives.  "You know you want to - get in there," He said.  Because after aaaall these years he knows me.  He knows that, although my flesh was weak, my spirit was willing and I would regret not doing it.  He also knew it was a risky move because, depending on the day, I very well could have bit his head off.  You know, with one of those "you think I'm fat" remarks and then a week of the silent treatment and probably a month of "don't touch me".

So this story has a happy ending because he said it and I was the mature woman I always am (...what?) and accepted his prompting as an encouragement and not an insult.  And I got my morning run in.  All is well.

We will be celebrating 21 years of marriage this month.  With Valentine's Day coming up and all, I thought it would be a good time to share some of our story.  Stay tuned!

- Liv

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you have to say!