Friday, February 21, 2014

Five-Minute Friday: Small

Five minutes of thinking out loud - misspellings and mistakes included.  That's what I love about Five-Minute Friday!  Click over here to learn more!


Several years ago I had surgery on my left ear.  A tiny sliver of a bone in the middle ear had calcified, causeing hearing loss.  It was replaced with a small titanium prosthetic.  My hearing improved by 30% in that ear.  Trust me.  I noticed the difference. 

Small makes a big difference.  Think about the paper cut on your finger, or the pebble in your shoe.  Think about the millions of tiny cells that hold our bodies togehter.

Small can be life changing.  Just look at the tiny person you rock to sleep night after night.

I have been guilty of doing nothing because I felt what I had to offer was too small.  It's either all or nothing.
 
Today, I am counting the small:

A random text from my boy to tell me he loves me
Driving my girl to the bus stop so she didn't have to stand out in the cold
A text from Scotty telling me he's thinking about me
A dash of salt
A dap of lip gloss and cute earrings

Count with me?  What small things make a difference to you?

- Liv

8 comments:

  1. So many small things in our lives that we ignore. I must stop to look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, me too, Paula! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I too have been guilty of not doing anything because I felt all I had to offer was small. Thank you for helping me realize that God uses my smallness for His glory!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barbie, thank you for your always encouraging words!

      Delete
  3. Wow...what an amazing story and illustration about your ear...yes, let us not let thinking it is too small keep us from offering what we have to our big God...blessings to you, Liv :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you have to say!