Saturday, June 15, 2013

When It's Time to Bail

I'm over at my friend, Lindsay's blog, Contagious Comfort, sharing about giving ourselves permission to not have to do it all!


Having a kid graduate makes a girl feel old.  I was hit with a happy/sad nostalgia as I gathered pictures of my son for a photo display.  (He's the little guy in the middle - so adorable!)  Almost 18 years of memories all summed up on a piece of card board.  It was only natural for me to wonder if I would do things differently if I could do it over again.  I would never trade in the sticky kisses and pockets full of rocks and stepping on Legos.  I don't take back the sleepless nights or tears; the Band-Aids and teachers conferences or the trips to the emergency room.

But if I could do anything differently it would be this:  I would keep things simple.  Looking back now, I realize how busy we were.  We had something going on every night.  Good things.  Church things.  And work things.  And Super Momma things .  I planned cool birthday parties and fun play dates.  We had calendar time every morning and learned about cumulus and cirrus clouds.  We did crafts and I even homeschooled for a couple of years.  All.  Good.  Things.  

  
 
Click here to read more...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you have to say!