Sunday, June 16, 2013

Father to the Fatherless

Happy Father's day to all those daddies out there!  I hope you are having an amazing day.

However, this one is for those who might be having a tough day.  For those who may not have a dad to celebrate, for whatever reason.  Maybe you just miss him because he is on the other side of the world or across the country.  Maybe your dad has passed away, or you've never met him before.  Maybe your dad was/is not a good father.  To some, the word 'dad' brings up anger, sadness, hurt and disappointment.  Do you ache for the love of a father?  Any story you hear or movie you see about a father's love brings tears to your eyes.  You may become angry at those who complain about their fathers because, at least they have one. You miss having a father because every boy needs a hero and every girl needs her daddy, even if she is grown up.  We know instinctively what a father should be.  All of those things you long for in a Father?  God has placed there.  He has put a longing in our hearts for Himself. 

Did you know that you have a special place in God's heart?  You are not forgotten

When my mother and father forsake me, then the Lord will take me up. Psalm 27:10
"...Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine." Isaiah 43:1

I know you know it in your head.  I just wanted to remind you.  Cling to the fact that nothing can separate you from His love (Romans 8:37-39) and let it seep down into your heart until you are wrapped up securely in it. 

Love ya!

- Liv

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you have to say!