Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Five Minute Friday: Beautiful

How about a little bit of Friday for your Tuesday morning?  I linked up for FMF at www.lisajobaker.com.  If you like to write, why not join the fun?  Set your timer for five minutes and write, using the prompt. No need to edit.  Just write for the love of writing.  Want to see what others wrote?  Click here
 

Tired, weathered hand holding a new baby.  Family gathered through tears to celebrate a life lived. Clothing scattered after watching my daughter dance graceful.  The aftermath of Christmas morning.  A kiss to make up after a fight.  Dark skies watering a cracked, thirsty ground, and the cool freshness after.   Dishes piles high after fresh baked yumminess.  The easy laughter of a friendship that has walked the hard times together.  Dirt beneath the nails after planting.   This life, well lived - it's a beautiful mess.      
 

7 comments:

  1. Girl, I love your writing for beautiful. Amazing!!

    Ashley from http://theheartofashley.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your encouragement does my heart good! Thanks, Ashley!

      Delete
  2. I especially love the one about the dark skies watering a thirsty earth. Very beautiful.

    I'm visiting from Five Minute Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love teh dark skies portion. So beautiful and simple and lovely!
    http://bellesbazaar-heather.blogspot.com/2013/10/beautiful.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Heather! I'm so glad you stopped by!

      Delete

I love to hear what you have to say!